Doing the same old thing. Getting the same old results. A process, a product or service, a partner, a department, a key employee or a personal mindset that delivers less than what we want. But making the change that the world is calling for is hard. So we feel stuck. Powerless at times.
To get unstuck, write down your answers to the following questions:
- What is the persistent bottleneck, challenge or situation that causes me chronic stress or worry?
- Example: “Our marketing channel partner is not living up to their promises.”
- What do I really want to happen?
- Example: “I want our marketing partner to sell more and be a real partner to my company.”
- What are the potential options to make that happen?
- Examples: “I could improve our value proposition; I could better train our marketing partner; I could create a small experiment with selling direct, etc.”
- Who could I bring in to help be reality test these options and help me think of others?
- Examples: My leadership team; My business advisor or mentor; My marketing partner, etc.”
Humans are not built well for change. We actually resist it. But sometimes, a good question can be akin to a whack on the side of our head.
PS: Please get in touch with me if I can help reality test your options to the change you want to make.
Need help defining your strategy?
If your strategy is not a clear as you think it could be, I encourage you to take a look at our new suite of services. From half-day workshops to multi-month engagements, we have several ways to help you and your team quickly get clarity around how you can win.